A new version of the A340-600HGW is here. It is a complete new model, based on the A340-600. This means also new liveries.
The new model is more detailed and accurate. It also includes a new interior and wingflex!!!! Watch the wings moving during severe turbulence!!!!!
It also includes light cones.
Downloads, as always, are here: https://andinogonthaeler.wordpress.com/downloads-2/
Version 45 is here. The most important new feature is the tilting of the landing gears . Now the landing gear tilts when the aircraft is airborne, and of course it comes back to its position at landing.
There has been some work with the sound system, which is still in progress, and the flight control screen of the lower ECAM has been improved. Now most surfaces can be seen there and controlled before landing.
Also the four gear buttons are now able to be seen at the flightdeck.
The new version, number 45, is at the downloads section of this blog.
A new feature, the tilt of the landing gear when airborne, is being developed.
In this pic, you can see an advance of it. This feature will come soon…
After the big moving to the new cockpit (taken from the A330), a lot of work has to be done. But there are already some steps forward. The new version has:
- Some work on the MFD, to make it look more “airbusish”, although there is still a lot to do…
- ECAM has begun to be ported and adapted. It already has some features:
- Fuel system. Not completely ended, but already working and reflecting the load of the tanks.
- Flight control screen. Present, but not fully developed.
- Cabin temperatura and air conditioning.
- Door views. Present, but not yet completely adapted.
- Tail view. A feature that is unique to the A340-600 series, because of it lenght. So pilots can see the whole plane from the tail.
- Airport view. No more as “touch screen (anachronistish), but with a button beside the APT button, where you can select the aiport, and zoom it.
- Besides the ECAM, the ND (Navegational display) is already present, although it has only the Radio and Navigation screen. It was urgently needed, because the NAV programation had to be done with F12. Now it is possible to program those things in the cockpit.
- The tiller steering system is now inside the cockpit, too The menu is no more needed. At the captains stick there is a device to steer the front gear, and in the front deck there you can prepare the gear for take-off and landing.
- Seatbelts. At the overhead panel there is a knob to turn on the seat belt sign.
- The clock is now working, not the chronometer.
- As requiered by some users, the simulation now starts with little fuel. Dont forget to fill the tanks before takeoff and connect the tanks!!!!
- The file is, as always, in the downloads section of this blog.
This new version is a mayor leap. Most of the A330 cockpit has been ported to the A340-600HGW. There is still a lot of work to do, but the feeling is totally new.
The overhead panel has some clickable spots. Now it is possible to start the plane manually… no more autostart needed!!!!
Start procedure: APU buttons, then tanks selected, xfeed, bus tie, cutoff (at the pedestal), generators, and engine start. Then turn off APU.
The upper ECAM is new, taken from the A330, and adapted to the A340 systems, and engines. Following versions will continue changing and upgrading the instruments.
The download link is, as always, at the download section of this blog.
In the downloads section I have added my xml file for the Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X. Just download it, unzip it, and add it to this directory:
The new version is at the dowloads page: https://andinogonthaeler.wordpress.com/downloads-2/
It has some improvements in the cockpit, although a lot is still missing.
It has been tested only with FG 3.2 and 3.4.